Young Adult Summer Reading Program 2020
Welcome to Imagine Your Story!
Ages 12 through 17
You are invited to join our reading club this summer, so that you can read for enjoyment and complete your school summer reading assignments.
The program begins June 15 and continues until August 15, 2020. Join at any time during the program.
- Join the READsquared program and create your avatar.
- Read books or ebooks or listen to audio and e-audio books at the Young Adult level.
- Complete a review for each book through our online program using the new online READsquared program.
- Submit your “tweet-length” review (at least 140 characters or the new 280-character length if you have more to say) through READsquared, and you will receive 100 points.
- As you progress through the program earning points, you will receive online badges and access to various games and activities available through the program.
The focus is on fairy tales, folk tales, fables, and mythology so we encourage you to read some of the those stories. You can also read books containing mythical and imaginary creatures, i.e., hobbits, unicorns, goblins, monsters, the abominable snowman, yetis, giants, gnomes, etc.
Remember that you can read fiction or non-fiction.
Fiction: over the last few years quite a few fiction books have been written based on fairy tales, such as The Lunar Chronicles, Snow White with the Red Hair (manga), The Forest of Good & Evil, The Siren by Keira Cass, A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas, Robin Hood, King Arthur tales. etc.
Non-fiction: Mythology by Edith Hamilton, DK Mythology, Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman, Grendel by John Gardner, Gilgamesh, etc.
These are just some suggestions. The library has many books on these topics. You can also ask us for ideas; as we enjoy discussing books.
- We have just begun a walk-up program so that you can put books on hold through our online catalog, pick them up at the library, and return them to an outside bin after you have read them. You can access the catalog and use that option at ccls.org.
- You also have access to our online catalog of eBooks and eAudio books, which will count towards your reading and the program. Find those resources here.
We are still recreating summer activities as we had to cancel our planned programs and switch to virtual programing for this summer. We appreciate your patience as we reorganize. We will keep you informed about changes through our online calendar, this site, and our newsletters and emails as we develop activities.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact 610-933-3013 x 127 or email@example.com