Children’s Summer Reading Clubs
(Note: One more Activity has to be added to the K-5 items, but we wanted to give you notice of what we are planning this summer.)
Please join us at the library this summer. We have lots of reading materials and fun activities for kids of all ages!
Be sure to also view our Kids Calendar for events starting July 9th!
Registration begins June 11th and continues until August 11th; you can join at any time during the program. Visit the library to register and pick up a reading folder kit which includes an explanation of how it works, reading logs, and other information.
(for Kindergarten through Grade Five)
- Each week that you read for 100 minutes or more, you can earn a coupon for a free media rental (for a video game or feature movie DVD or an audio book) redeemable at the Phoenixville Public Library. You participate by registering at the library and getting a reading folder with a “100 Minutes” reading sheet. List your reading on the sheet, present it at the desk when you visit the library; we will stamp it and you will receive your coupon (Limit one per week).
- You can also record in your Reading Log each book, ebook, or audio book that you read or listen to that is related to our theme. (Details will be in your folder.) Then bring the Reading Log in to be verified and you will receive a raffle ticket for each reading item toward final prize drawings.
- You can also receive a raffle ticket toward final prize drawings for each library event you attend from July 9 through August 10. Just remember to ask for one at the event.
- Reading Club members are eligible for the Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire ticket program. Complete four weeks of reading by Monday, July 16, and bring in your minutes sheet to be verified; you will be eligible for a free ticket to visit the Faire on August 18th or 19th, 2018 (only on one of those dates). Please let us know you are interested in the ticket program when you come to the library.
Early Literacy Club!
(Birth through ages 4/5 and who are read to by someone else)
- Read to your child for ten minutes each day (total 50 minutes a week) and record it on the “50 Minutes” reading sheet. When you visit the library, show us the Minutes sheet, we will stamp it, and you will receive a coupon for one free DVD or video game or book on CD rental redeemable at Phoenixville Public Library (Limit one per week).
- NOTE: If your child is participating in the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Program (or if you enroll), you can use the reading you do for that program toward the minutes in the Libraries Rock! program from June 11 through August 11 – just keep track of the minutes and record them on the 50 Minutes sheet.
- There is also a sheet in your folder with activities you can share with your child. When you complete one of the activities on the activity sheet in your folder – date it on the sheet. Bring it to the library on your next visit, verify it with us, and you will receive a raffle ticket toward prizes raffled off at the end of the summer.
- You can also receive a raffle ticket toward final prize drawings for each library event you attend from July 9 through August 10. Just remember to request a ticket.
We also have Libraries Rock! our summer reading club for teens. Please check the teen page for details or contact us at 610-933-3013 x 124.