Position: P/T Circulation Assistant
Reports To: Circulation Manager
Summary / Main Purpose of Job:
The Phoenixville Public Library is a non-profit organization with the mission of providing access to educational, cultural, and recreational resources for the community it serves. The Phoenixville Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The library is currently seeking part-time circulation assistant who will report to the Circulation Manager. Part-time circulation assistants are responsible for performing all circulation duties in a timely, efficient manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and have excellent customer service and computer skills.
* Performs all circulation desk duties using computerized system
* Check materials in/out/renew materials
* Reserve materials
* Issues new patron cards/updates cards
* Manages the routing of Holds
* Handle financial transactions accurately.
* Collect patron fines and fees with knowledge of using a cash register
* Performs all opening/closing procedures in work area/public areas
* Turn on/off all computers/copiers/printers
* Empty book drops
* Notifies patrons about reserved materials
* Update computer records, as requested.
* Performs basic reference work or refers it to senior staff in charge
* Assists patrons in locating materials through the library catalog
* Assisting patrons with finding library materials, providing reader’s advisory, answering basic computer queries, and monitoring appropriate use of the facility.
* Inspect returned materials for damage.
* Perform circulation procedures effectively and accurately according to the principles of quality customer service.
* Greets, direct, and provide information to library customers and performs a variety of clerical tasks related to the processing, sorting and circulation of library materials.
* Respond to incoming telephone calls and provide basic assistance with directional, instructional and informational inquiries at the circulation desks and public workstations.
* Keep abreast of all System changes and improvements.
* Keep pace with all library policies, staff meeting minutes and changes in Procedure Manual.
* Attend online educational programs for staff development, basic computer, or Internet education, as requested or assigned by the Circulation Manager. Attendance of department meetings in coming times.
* Be a “greeter” at the entrance of the library to make sure patrons are wearing mask or facial covering properly.
* Clean and disinfect high touch areas of the circulation desks and of public spaces.
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), some college preferred.
* Basic office skills (typing, filing, answering phones, etc.).
* Previous experience working in library with computerized systems (preferred).
* Customer service skills.
* Basics knowledge and use of computers, e-mail, and the internet. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (preferred)
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit; walk; stand; bend at the waist while working; kneel, stoop, crouch or squat; talk or hear; handle and lift up to 25 pounds; push a cart of books that weighs up to 125 pounds; and sit at a computer terminal for up to 4 hours at a time. Occasionally, the employee will need to work with arms above shoulders or reach above shoulder height. The specific vision requirements for this position are as follows:
* Close vision.
* Color vision.
* Ability to read and alphabetize and place items in numeric order.
The following background checks are required:
* Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Records Check
* Department of Public Welfare Child Abuse History Clearance
* Federal Criminal History Record Information
Looking for two hires:
Wednesday from 1 P.M. to 5 P.M., Thursdays from 5 P.M. to 8 P.M. and the first Saturday of every month
Tuesdays from 5 P.M. to 7 P.M., Wednesdays from 5 P.M. to 7 P.M. and the first Saturday of every month
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Circulation Manager and Volunteer Coordinator
Phoenixville Public Library
183 Second Avenue, Phoenixville, PA 19460-3243
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 610-933-3013 ext. 122