Trustee Opening Announcement
The Phoenixville Public Library currently seeks three (3) Trustees to be seated on its Board of Trustees beginning July 2023. As a Trustee, the successful applicants will be responsible for oversight of the library, serving on a board of nine (9). Two of the positions are for a three (3) year term that ends June 30, 2026. One is to complete a term that ends, June 30, 2025. As Trustees, the applicants are expected to act in the best interest of the Phoenixville Public Library, in promotion of and in furtherance of the Library’s Mission, which is to provide access to information and services that address the educational, cultural, and recreational needs of the community the library serves. The applicant is expected to familiarize themselves with the bylaws, policies, and operations of the library. Prior non-profit experience, particularly with regard to finance/accounting is preferred, but not required. Further information about the Phoenixville Public Library can be found on its website at https://phoenixvillelibrary.org/.
Advocacy and Personal Involvement
* Board members are expected to be zealous advocates on our behalf, to be enthusiastic communicators of our mission and vision, and to play an integral role in our leadership.
* Board Meeting Attendance –Monthly meeting attendance of approximately 2 hours.
* Committee Participation – Actively participate on one or more committees.
* Recruitment – Identify strong candidates for committee work, community advocacy, or fund-raising whom will represent Phoenixville Public Library.
* Participation and attendance at all major fundraising events, currently one (1) per year. (This includes purchasing tickets for all major events, possible donation of goods or services for the event.)
* Annual Support – Make a personal annual gift at an appropriate level outside of major event attendance.
Applications are due on or before Friday April 7, 2023. Invited applicants will be expected to interview separately with the Board of Library Trustees and Board of School Directors of the Phoenixville Area School District. That date will be announced no later than May 22, 2023. Appointments to the Library Board shall be made by the Board of School Directors thereafter.
Applications should be sent to both of the following:
Dr. Alan Fegley, PASD Superintendent
386 City Line Avenue
Phoenixville, PA 19460
Lara Lorenzi, Executive Director
Phoenixville Public Library
183 2nd Avenue
Phoenixville, PA 19460
Applications should include a letter addressed to Ms. Lorenzi and Dr. Fegley explaining why the applicant wishes to be a Library Trustee and summarizing the applicant’s qualifications and experience. Resumes and references are required. The Phoenixville Public Library is an EOE.