Phoenixville Public Library accepts passport applications on behalf of the U.S. Department of State.
U.S. citizens planning international travel may apply for their passports, by appointment only (walk-ins not accepted), on the following days and times.
- Mondays — 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Tuesdays — 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Wednesdays — 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Thursdays — 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- Fridays — 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Saturdays — 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Passport photos available during all appointment hours — $10.00/photo.
Appointments must be made by calling the Information Desk at 610-933-3013, Ext. 132.
When to Apply in Person:
You must apply in person for a new U.S. passport, using the DS-11 form if:
- you never had a U.S. passport;
- you are a minor under the age of 16;
- your last U.S. passport was issued when you were under the age of 16;
- you were issued a U.S. passport more than 15 years ago; or
- your U.S. passport was lost, stolen or damaged
When to Apply through the Mail:
You must apply for a new U.S. passport through the mail, using the DS-82 form if:
- your last U.S. passport was issued when you were over the age of 16; or
- your U.S. passport was issued less than 15 years ago; and
- your most recent U.S. passport is not lost or damaged
General Requirements for In-Person Application:
- All applicants must appear in person at the time of your scheduled appointment.
- Completed, unsigned DS-11 form in black ink; if printing application from online, it must be printed single-sided
- Proof of citizenship — state-issued birth certificate listing names of parent(s), naturalization certificate, certificate of citizenship, or previous U.S. passport
- Photo ID with signature, such as valid PA driver’s license, current or previous U.S. passport, federal or state employee ID, state ID card, military ID, or school ID for age 16-17; note: applicants with out-of-state driver’s license or ID cards must provide additional photo ID
- Minors (under age 16) must have both parents or legal guardians present or a notarized DS-3053 form and copy of ID (front and back on same side of page) from the absent parent; if one parent is deceased, a valid, original death certificate must be submitted; if parent has sole legal custody, legal documentation must be submitted
- Passport photo (see travel.state.gov for photo requirements if not obtaining photo at the Library)
- Payment: check or money order for State Department fee; cash, check, money order, credit/debit card for execution and/or photo fee; (inquire about current fees when scheduling appointment)
For application forms, information on required documentation, fees, current processing times, application status tracking, and a wealth of other passport and international travel information, applicants should visit the only official website for passport information — travel.state.gov. For information in Spanish — travel.state.gov/pasaporte.