Use your Chester County Library System card at Phoenixville Public Library to gain free access to museums and other popular attractions in the Philadelphia area.
IMPORTANT: The following passes are now print-only passes:
- Academy of Natural Sciences
- Brandywine Conservancy and Museum of Art
- Eastern State Penitentiary
- Independence Seaport Museum
- John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove
- Mutter Museum
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania
- Tyler Arboretum
- Wharton Esherick Museum
Printable passes are valid for one day and must be reserved for the date you plan to use them. You will need to print them out and take them with you to the venue.
For all other passes, you must reserve the pass for the date you will pick it up at the Library.
Please check the venue’s current hours of operation and COVID-19 policies before you reserve the pass.
Passes are available for:
- Academy of Natural Sciences (2 adults and up to 5 children); print-only
- Brandywine Conservancy and Museum of Art (4 individuals); print-only
- Chanticleer Garden (4 individuals; children age 12 and under are free. If you are arriving by personal vehicle Wednesday thru Sunday, you must reserve a parking voucher for the day and time of your visit.) 2023 SEASON BEGINS MARCH 29
- Eastern State Penitentiary (6 people); print-only
- Elmwood Park Zoo (2 adults, 6 children)
- Hands-on House Children’s Museum of Lancaster (2 adults, 4 children & 1 guest child; pre-registration is encouraged on weekends and rainy days at https://handsonhouse.campbrainregistration.com)
- Independence Seaport Museum (2 adults, 4 children); print-only
- John James Audubon Center at Mill Grove (2 adults, 4 children); print-only
- Mercer Museum & Fonthill Castle (4 individuals; children age 5 and under are free; you must also reserve timed-entry tickets for the Museum and the Castle.
- Mt. Cuba Center (4 individuals; children age 5 and under are free) 2022 SEASON HAS ENDED
- Museum of the American Revolution (2 adults, 4 children ages 6-17; children 5 and under are free)
- Mütter Museum (4 individuals; you must also reserve timed-entry tickets under the ticket type “Mütter Museum Library Partner”); print-only
- Penn Museum (University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology) (2 adults and all dependent children)
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania (2 adults (ages 18+), 4 children (ages 3-17)); print-only
- Reading Public Museum (2 adults, 4 children (ages 4-17))
- Tyler Arboretum (4 visitors (adults or children)); print-only
- Wharton Esherick Museum (6 family/household members; you must make a reservation to use pass – call 610-644-5822 or e-mail email@example.com; print-only
Physical museum passes are available at the Adult Circulation Desk for FREE 3-day checkout to patrons age 18 or older with an up-to-date library card in good standing (i.e., cannot owe more than $9.99 in fines or fees or have any other restrictions on the card). Printable passes are valid for only the date the pass is reserved for.
Reservations for passes may be placed online, in person or by phone to 610-933-3013 x121, up to 60 days in advance.
You may borrow only one pass at a time and may reserve a particular pass only one time per month. However, multiple passes may be borrowed in a given month.
Passes are not renewable.
Please call 610-933-3013 ext. 121 to cancel a reservation.
The first time a pass is not picked up, you will be issued a warning. After the second time, you will be unable to reserve a pass for three months.
Phoenixville Public Library’s physical museum passes must be returned to the Adult Library Circulation Desk at Phoenixville Public Library, and may not be placed in the outside book drop. If the due date falls on a Sunday, however, they may be placed in the outside book drop. Otherwise, a $5.00 fine is incurred if returned to book drop.
Late fee: $20.00 per day. Lost/damaged fee: cost of pass, plus $25.00 processing fee.