TITLE: ADULT PROGRAMS ASSISTANT
HOURS: 2-3 evening hours, 3-4 times per month
SUPERVISOR: Adult Services Director
OBJECTIVE: To set up for, assist at, and clean up after the Library’s special programs for adults.
THE PERSON IN THIS POSITION WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
* Setting up chairs, tables, refreshments for Library programs according to instructions of Adult Services Director and program presenter.
* Setting up and troubleshooting audio/visual aids (laptop, projector, sound system, whiteboard, etc.) needed by the program presenter.
* Operating Library’s camcorder to record designated presentations.
* Ushering and maintaining order in the room during programs.
* Communicating an accurate head count of attendees to Adult Services Director.
* Putting away chairs, tables, AV equipment, etc., following program.
* Physical stamina with ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs. of equipment.
* Tech savviness for setting up and troubleshooting computer and AV system issues.
* Ability to interact well with the public and to express one’s self effectively.
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Attention to detail.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* An orientation will be provided by the Adult Services Director, with on-the-job follow-ups as needed.
All Library volunteer positions require criminal background checks, both Federal and State, as well as child abuse clearances. Reimbursement for clearances will be made to the successful applicant after 6 months of volunteer work with the Library.
To apply, contact Mark Pinto, Adult Services Director, at 610-933-3013 x132 or email@example.com.